Effective: May 31, 2023
This policy applies to information we collect through the Services and in email, text, and other electronic messages you may send us or send through the Services. It does not apply to information collected by any other websites or services not operated by us (including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from the Services).
Table of Contents
- Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
- How We Use Your Information
- Disclosure of Your Information
- Cookies and “Do Not Track” Signals
- Age Restrictions
- Links to Other Sites
- European Users and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Data Security and Retention
- Contact Us
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Services, including:
- Your name and contact information, such as shipping address, billing address, email address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline.
- Other information about you that you may provide to us when using the Services, such as your profession or information you may send to us in an email, online webform or other message.
- Information automatically collected when you interact with or use the Services, such as what books or other content you reviewed, ordered or clicked on or were interested in, and information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Services (such as internet protocol (IP) address, your computer or mobile device, operating system and browser type), and usage details.
- Information about purchases and other transactions you make through the Services; we do not collect your payment card full account number or other sensitive payment card details, although our payment processor service provider may provide us with the card type, expiration date and last four digits of your payment card used for transactions through the Services.
- Information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as aggregate analytics information from use of the Services.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us. For example, this includes information provided when you purchase a book or other product through the Services, report any problems or provide feedback, or correspond with us in response to information we may request.
- Automatically as you interact with and use the Services. Information collected
- From third parties such as our service providers, which we engage to perform aspects of the Services such as data storage, payment processing and customer service. For example, we currently use FoxyCart (www.foxy.io), Stripe (www.stripe.com) and our affiliate, Supadü (www.supadu.com), for shopping cart and payment processing services, and Zendesk (www.zendesk.com) for customer service related services. You can learn about those companies’ privacy practices by reviewing their privacy policies.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide the Services to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To process, deliver and debug orders.
- To manage payments, fees, charges and other transactions.
- To provide you notices about your account or any purchases you have made through the Services, such as books or other products.
- For reporting and accounting, such as reporting requirements we may have with a publisher customer.
- To use analytics and usage data to improve the Services.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent. We may also use your email address to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please follow the instructions in the email to opt out of receiving such communications.
We may also use your email address to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please follow the instructions in the email to opt out of receiving such communications.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To our service providers, our affiliates and business partners, our independent contractors and other third parties with whom we collaborate to bring you the Services or we use to support our business. As mentioned above, examples of these third parties are FoxyCart (www.foxy.io), Stripe (www.stripe.com), Zendesk (www.zendesk.com) and our affiliate, Supadü (www.supadu.com) and the product distributors.
- To the publisher that uses our Services to sell books or other products through this website.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Firebrand’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Firebrand about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Please note that the third parties mentioned above may use your information for their own purposes, including marketing and offering you content or products that you may be interested in, subject to the privacy policies and business practices of those third parties.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Sale and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Firebrand, our customers, our business partners, end users, or others. We may disclose deidentified or aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
Cookies and “Do Not Track” Signals
Our Services are not intended for individuals under 18 years of age (“Children” or “Child”). Children may not provide any personal information to us or through the Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from Children. If you are under age 18, do not use or provide any information through the Services or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or email address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a Child without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about an individual under 18 years of age, please contact us at [email protected]
Links to Other Sites
European Users and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
UK and EEA Individuals’ Rights
If you are a resident of the United Kingdom (“UK”) or European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain data protection rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) or the UK’s implementation of the GDPR, as applicable. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, we aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, or delete your personal data. You can do this by contacting us at [email protected]. to be informed what personal data we hold about you, and/or if you would like us to correct, amend, or delete your personal data.
In certain circumstances, your rights under the GDPR include the following:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have about you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data. Your right to object includes the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purpose.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have about you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. Please also note that our fulfillment of certain requests, such as requests to delete your information or restrict the processing of your information, may result in your being unable to use our Services or us being unable to provide you certain products or services.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the UK or EU Member State of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of the alleged infringement if you think we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the GDPR. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the UK or EEA.
Firebrand’s EU Representative
Firebrand’s GDPR Article 27 Representative, colenio GmbH & Co. KG, located in Unkel, Germany, can be contacted by emailing TO BE CONFIRMED AS CURRENTLY WE DO NOT ALLOW EU AND UK residents to be billed or purchase from the cart.
Data Security and Retention
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for access to the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We also urge you to be careful about giving out information in any public areas of the Services, like comments or message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures of the Services.
- We will retain and use your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, including to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, or enforce our legal agreements and policies.
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you, our customer(s) or other third parties in connection with providing you the Services.
- We will also retain certain usage data automatically generated by your use of our Services for legitimate internal analysis purposes. Such data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Services, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to retain your information, we will delete or anonymize it.
- If our agreement with our customer, such as a publisher, or other third party requires us to retain or delete information about you (for example, the agreement may require us to retain information for reporting purposes or delete information upon the expiration or termination of that agreement), we retain or delete the information in accordance with that agreement.